Recipe – Ants on a Log Variations
Add some creativity to your snacking to hold off those mid-morning or mid-afternoon hunger slumps. Mix and match ingredients by choosing from each category or making up your own!
Base (Log) Options
• Celery (approx. 3-4” long)
• Carrot stick (approx. 3-4” long)
• Cucumber (approx. 3-4” long)
• Apple slice
• Peanut butter
• Other nut butters such as almond, sunflower, cashew
• Low fat cream cheese or cottage cheese
Topping (Ants) Options
• Dried cranberries or cherries (fire ants!)
• Nuts, such as pecans, almonds or pine nuts
• Sunflower seeds
1. Create a base with a flat top. Celery can be filled as is, but a carrot, cucumber or banana will need to be sliced in half lengthwise.
2. Spread the filling on the base.
3. Put toppings on the filling.